Hayrides by Reservation
Reservations for tractor drawn hayrides are offered at the following park sites in September and October: Stoney Run, Oak Ridge Prairie, Deep River, and Buckley Homestead County Parks. Maximum number per ride is 25 adults. May get more on ride if all children.
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - $100 per ride
- Monday through Friday - $75 per ride
- Wheelchair accessible hay wagon at Oak Ridge Prairie County Park. Regular fees apply. Daytime only.
- Dependent upon availability of driver.
Groups may reserve hayrides by calling the business office at 219-769-7275.
$30 available only at hayride parks.
Offered annually. New 2018 dates will be coming in late summer.
Individuals and families may ride on a first-come, first-serve basis on Saturdays and Sundays in September 24 through and October 29, 2017 (except during the Fall Festival on October 14 and 15) at 1 and 2 p.m. for only $2 per person with paid admission to the park. Remember: Groups may reserve evening hayrides by calling the business office at 219-769-PARK.
Deep River Classic Fall Fun, All Break Long
Looking for something fun to do during fall break? Deep River County Park is the answer. October 20 to 22 and 27 to 29 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hayrides: $2 per person. Hayride start times are Noon, 1 and 2. (Purchase tickets for hayrides at the Deep River Store the day of.)
- Wood’s Historical Grist Mill: See the miller grinding corn and try a sample of our homemade cornbread.
- Deep River General Store: Purchase a cup of warm apple cider and other fall favorites like apple and pumpkin butter.
- Children Activities: Leaf Crafts! Make a beautiful wreath by using the colorful fall leaves from around the park. Then try to beat our “October Obstacle Course” that includes pumpkin stacking, hay hurdles and jumping into a pile of leaves.
- Hike the Trails: See the leaves changing colors as you hike in the many trails we have here at Deep River County Park.
All activities are free unless noted. Hayrides are for individuals or families. Space is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Groups may reserve hayrides by calling the business office at 219-769-7275.