- Draw Time: 4:30
- Time: Varies depending on blind
- Cost: $10 per person, seniors and youths $5
- Hunting Dates
- Youth Hunt - October 14 and October 15, 2017
- Ducks, Coots, and Mergansers - October 21, 2017 to December 10, 2017 and December 23 to December 31, 2017
- Goose - October 21 to November 26, 2017 and December 16 to February 11, 2018
All seasons are subject to change due to water and ice conditions for the 2016-2017 waterfowl seasons. You can check for updates on this site, Lake County Parks or Grand Kankakee Marsh Facebook pages, or call the park at 219-552-0033.
Grand Kankakee Marsh County Park Waterfowl Hunting Regulations
- Draw for blinds will be at 4:30 am at the check in cabin each day of the posted season.
- You must have a party of 3 or 4 licensed hunters to draw.
- The fee is $10.00, $5.00 seniors (65+), $5.00 youths per person per day.
- Shooting time varies depending on the blind number. Please know the shooting time for your blind.
- Hunters are required to sign a liability waiver before hunting.
- Hunters will leave their hunting license at the check in cabin.
- Non-toxic shot is required.
- 25 shell limit.
- Up to 4 people are allowed in each blind.
- Areas designated as “refuge” are non-violate. Trespassing by either hunters or dogs is strictly not allowed.
- Hunters must check in all game harvested.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in any hunting areas or the check in cabin.
- Violation of any GKM hunting regulations may result in the loss of hunting privileges at GKM for the season. Beyond the GKM regulations understand and comply with all regulations set by the IDNR and USFWS.
Late Goose Season Hunting Information
- 6:30 pm draws beginning on January 3, 2018. Parties of 2-4 may draw
- Hunters will be able to choose from 5 zones in which to hunt. Hunters will be allowed to hunt anywhere they choose within the zone with specific restricted areas.
- A weekly fee of $40.00 will be charged after the draw. This fee will allow hunters use of the zone during legal shooting times from the Thursday after the draw until the following Tuesday.
- If no hunters are present for the draw hunting will be closed until the following Wednesday.
- All hunters must sign the liability waiver sheet before entering the property. This sheet only needs to be signed once for the entire season.
- All Hunters must write the time they enter and exit the property on the sign in sheet located on the cabin.
- Shooting times are legal shooting time until legal shooting time in all zones.
- At least one hunter in the party must have been present at the draw whenever a party is in the field.
- Maximum number of hunters allowed in each zone is 4. All hunters must hunt as a single party.
- Restricted areas include: Gooselake refuge, Hogmarsh refuge, and area east and north of blind 12.
- Only one boat will be left per zone. Hunters will be expected to return boat to original position after their last hunt.
- All hunters must turn in a Goose Hunting information sheet after their last hunt. All information will remain confidential until the end of the season.
|1||1 to 8||n/a|
|2||10 and 15
|3||11 to 14
||No further east or north than 12 pit
|4||17 to 19
|5||16, 20 and 21