- Draw time: 5 a.m.
- Time: LST-LST
- Cost: $20 per license
|Youth||September 23 and 24, 2017
|Archery||October 1, 2017 to January 7, 2018
|Muzzleloader||December 9 to 24, 2017
|Firearms||November 18 to December 3, 2017
Violation of any GKM hunting regulation may result in the loss of hunting privileges at GKM for the season. Beyond the GKM regulations understand and comply with those set by the Indiana DNR and the USFWS
- Hunters are required to sign a liability release form prior to hunting.
- Hunters must check in and leave their deer-hunting license at the check in station before hunting.
- A $20 permit fee is required. Fee is good until season closes or deer is harvested.
- Hunters are allowed to harvest a total of 4 deer off the property each year. With only one antlered animal allowed to be harvested.
- Tree stands must be legibly marked with the owner’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Hunters are limited to one stand per individual per area.
- All tree stands must be removed from park property no later than February 1.
- Hunters shall contact park personnel when a wounded deer goes off the property or enters a closed area.
- Check-in time will be at 5 a.m. each day of the posted season. Site choice will be on a first come first serve basis unless more hunters are present at 5 a.m. than there are available spots, in which case a draw will take place.
- Hunters shall check in all deer harvested on the property at the check station and report to park personnel any deer that are wounded but not harvested.
- Shooting times for all deer seasons will be ½ hour before sunrise till ½ hour after sunset.
- No rifles or handguns are allowed. Shotguns and muzzleloaders are only firearms allowed to be used during firearms and youth seasons.
||Dates (pending board approval)
|Youth||MZL, Shotgun, Bow, Crossbow||1 Antlered or Antlerless
||September 23 and 24, 2017|
|Archery||Bow or Crossbow||1 Antlered and 1 Antlerless OR 2 Antlerless||October 1, 2017to January 7, 2018|
|Firearms||Shotgun or Muzzleloader||1 Antlered||November 18 to December 3, 2017|
|Muzzleloader||Muzzleloader||1 Antlered or Antlerless||December 9 to 24, 2017|
- Hunters allowed per area
||6||5||Closed||5 Archers / 5 Muzzleloaders
||10||Closed||5||5 Archers / 5 Firearms
||10||5||5||5 Archers / 5 Firearms or Muzzleloaders
|Gooselake||6||5||5||5 Archers / 5 Firearms or Muzzleloaders|
- Do I have to pay in addition to my Indiana Hunting license?
- Do I need a hunting license to hunt at the Park?
- Do you have a special antlerless season?
- How many deer can I harvest at the park?
- Are areas of the park off limits to deer hunting?
- Do I have to walk to my stand?
- Is there a draw every day?
- Can I hunt with a rifle or hand gun?