Banquets & Weddings
Deep River Wedding Gazebo at Deep River County Park
9410 Old Lincoln Highway
Hobart, IN 46342
Located at the intersection of County Line Road and 73rd Avenue. From I-65 and Route 30 travel east 4 miles on Route 30 to Randolph Street, then north to the first stop sign and east to the park. GPS coordinates: Deep River Grist Mill: 41.475944,-87.222285.
About the Gazebo
The Deep River Gazebo is the perfect setting for your wedding. Located east of the picturesque Historic Wood's Grist Mill, the gazebo adds to the romance of that special day. Make your reservation by calling the corporate office at 219-769-7275. The fee is $250 plus tax. Park staff will set up 100 chairs for your ceremony so you can take advantage of the nostalgic atmosphere of the park. Deep River County Park allows for breathtaking pictures to capture the tender moments of your special day to last you a lifetime. Wood's Mill provides an enhancing antique touch to all photos.
- The wedding party has a 2-hour time limit in which to set-up, conduct the ceremony, take pictures, and clean up.
- Park buildings may not be used as dressing rooms.
- Decorations may be added to the Gazebo if done without the use of tacks, pins, nails, or other items that would cause damage. Tape is acceptable, but must be removed at the completion of the ceremony.
- Vehicles are only allowed in the parking lot.
- The Park Department does not provide or have available indoor facilities in case of inclement weather. An alternate site must be arranged by the individual.
- Music is permitted, but it must be non-amplified. No D.J. booths or generators. Small boom boxes are okay.
- Receiving lines are not permitted in front of the Mill. All receiving lines must occur on the east and north sides of the Mill.
- The Park Department does not provide electrical hook-up.
- Receptions may be scheduled at the picnic shelters on County Line Road, but no electricity is available.
- Please be courteous to the next wedding party by cleaning up after your event.
- We ask that you please throw birdseed instead of rice. Birds eating rice can receive internal injuries from the rice as it swells.
- The Deep River parking lot will hold up to 95 cars. Please note the park is open to the public.
- Reservation fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- *5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
*(No evening reservation after September 25 due to diminishing sunlight.
Taking Photos in the Park
You are permitted to use the park for photos even if your wedding ceremony is conducted elsewhere, however you may not in any way disrupt a wedding or others taking photos. If you are using a professional photographer, he / she has probably taken photos at DR and understands the best places for pictures and the protocol. Please note that no one is permitted to mark in any manner the sidewalks, sides of buildings (including the sawmill and bridges) to identify their photos. Bring a dry erase board for that. There are always people taking photos and most times they are very respectful of each other. It is a happy day for all to be celebrated with good memories. If there is a wedding or weddings scheduled during your photo session you may not use the gazebo. There are lots of other good shots available. Our best wishes are extended to everyone.
Turkey Creek Banquet on the Green
Turkey Creek Banquet Facility and adjoining full service bar is wonderful for weddings and other activities with its beautiful setting, classy decorations, and great food and top notch service.
Seating for 200 with plenty of room for dancing, overlooking beautiful Turkey Creek Golf Course. Elevated head table. Full service bar with easy access window from the hall. All areas are handicapped accessible.
Call 219-887-3550 for menu choices and reservations.
Banquet Hall & Wedding Pergola at Lake Etta
A wonderful place for weddings, parties, banquets, business meetings and more. Bar available. Accommodates up to 200. Overlooking the lake with a adjoining patio leading to the wedding pergola. It's the perfect place to celebrate.
Call 219-949-6533 for booking and menu information or fax at 219-949-6523. View menu offerings (PDF). Call for pricing.
- 4801 W 29th Avenue
Gary, IN 46406
- Exit I-80 / 94 at Burr Street south to the stop light at 29th and east to the park
- GPS coordinates: 41.566095,-87.396653
About the Banquet Hall
Lake Etta Banquet Hall is the perfect place to celebrate your special day. The beautifully decorated hall can accommodate up to 200 people and includes a dance floor, as well as bar. Doors open to a patio overlooking the lake with an adjoining path leading to the wedding pergola. All areas are handicapped accessible. It's a wonderful place for weddings, parties, banquets, business meetings and more.
What Makes Lake Etta Special?
The wedding and reception can be held in one location with beautiful backgrounds for photographs. People tell us they like how easy it is to get to the hall and they especially enjoy the atmosphere inside the building. The large entrance permits the wedding party to easily greet guests before they enter the hall.
About the Pergola
The wedding pergola is beautiful especially when the flowers are blooming, which is from spring through fall. The view from inside the hall overlooking the lake and the pergola connects the hall with the park. Many bookings are from people who have attended an event at Lake Etta Banquet Hall and have experienced the high quality of food and customer service. People appreciate the reasonable fees, the beauty of the facility - and the first class set up.